Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Catching Up!

Hey Everyone! Oh my goodness... Can we say hectic? That pretty much desribes my life lately. Boy, have I been Busy! Between work appearances and gym time, I'm trying to find time to breath. But I LOVE every minute of it. So here's the latest.

My first appearance was at the Community Unity Day in Newberry, Florida. There I met a ton of  new people and helped out with Newberry Main Street Booth. I enjoyed meeting with people and got a chance to speak with our newest Mayor and commisioners. Both who I already knew :) The Joys of a small town!




My next adventure was "O2B A Kid Again!" That's where the real fun began. O2B A Kid Again is a fundraiser for the Alachua County Public Schools. It's an event where the grown-up get to relive their childhood and do all the stuff kids do everyday! From Cheese Wall climbing to tricyle races, i did it all! And Had a blast! I held the record for the Tricycle race up until the very end! The child size tricycle had nothing on me and my heels! haha. "The Chubby Bunny..." That was amusing! That was contest to see how many marshmellows you could stuff in your mouth! I got 10! The record was 17!!! I don't know how they did it! lol My favorite was the Cheese wall. Basically like a rock wall, but it looks like cheese. I made it to the top without dropping my crown! I had a ton of people cheering! The event did very well and raised a ton of money for the schools!

From there it was on to the Relay for Life! Last weekend was crazy! Being on the committee for my hometown, I had to be at the field at 8am to start setting up. After getting signs, and campsites set up, I went home to change to multitask as a committee member, and as Miss North Central Fl USA. I manned the Survivor Booth and met some amazing people, with incredible survival stories from cancer. I relay for my mother, who is also a survivor, so the organization means a lot to me! After a long night, I finally got home toa\ good nap around 10 am the next morning. The event raised a little over $41,000! Not too shabby for a two light  town! :)

That evening I was a guest judge at the Inaugural Miss Queen Bling pageant in Lake City. From sparkly binkies on the babies, to bedazzled gowns on the Misses, it was a great pageant! 37 contestants for their first running! Southern Exposure put on a great show!

Other than that, it's been gym gym gym and work work work. I love my job and working with my residents, so  luckily, my "work" isn't always "work!" I apologize for not blogging more sooner,  but it's been work, eat, gym, sleep lately! :) I promise to write more! Especially closer to state! Pre-Taping is coming up! I'm so excited! I wish Blogger would make an iPhone app! hmm.... Alrighty, well I'm gonna get to bed. Speaking at a Lion's Club meeting tomorrow and serving dessert to the homeless at the St. Francis house in the evening! :) Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment